Workwell vs High St Accountant
Workwell vs High Street Accountant
If you’re new to self-employment or considering switching accountant, you may have considered contacting a local accountant. This may be a suitable solution for some, but over the years, we’ve found that there’s nothing quite like working with a specialist.
Our accountancy packages are created specifically for the self-employed and all our accountants are experts in this way of working. This means not only do we understand your business’ financial arrangements inside-out, but we include all the relevant services you may need as standard – saving you money.
What services are included?
When you work with a local accountant, you’ll likely find they charge extra for certain services. Unlike most high street accountants, our service includes:
- Free same-day set-up including incorporation with Companies House, business bank account, and business insurance (if required)
- Support with working tax-efficiently – helping you maximise your take-home pay
- Assistance with VAT registration and submissions
- Range of fixed-fee packages dependent on your needs – choose your level of service for tailored support
- Perfect balance of online accounting software and personal 121 support
- Support with invoicing & cashflow forecasting using our free bookkeeping software
- Support filing your self-assessment tax return
- Reminders from your accountant when you’re approaching important deadlines eg tax returns, year-end tax etc
- Assistance with HMRC and free tax investigation insurance
- Unparalleled compliance and regulation experience e- we know this industry better than most
- IR35 assessments and regular reviews (use of our market-leading assessment tool, IR35 Complete™
- Free business insurance packages & access to our legal support helpline (included in Professional & Premium packages)
- Sector specialists – we understand the unique set of circumstances surrounding self-employment requirements in your industry
- Access to exclusive discounts and support from our trusted partners including mortgage advice & IFAs
- Wage, dividends & payroll advice & support
IR35 Specialist Knowledge
We work with the rules every day (our director of accounting has spent years on the IR35 forum).
Designed for Contractors
With us, you’re our target audience, not an afterthought.
We’re experts in helping you maximise the benefits of contracting, helping you negotiate with agencies and end clients if necessary.
We partner with organisations that understand the special set of circumstances and challenges you face as a contractor.
We have clear monthly fees with no year-end surprises.
Keeping in Touch
We stay in touch with you every quarter or more if you want it – we won’t be a stranger.
We provide free bookkeeping software designed to support you with invoices, expenses, and cashflow forecasting.
We’ve built up years of experience helping contractors in a variety of sectors, meaning we understand your unique circumstances better than most.